Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Quiz!

I got this off of someone else's blog. Cut and paste this onto your own email or blog to share with friends and see how others celebrate!

1. Where will you spend Christmas this year?

at my mom's house here in Atlanta


2. What is Santa (hopefully) bringing you? What is he bringing your spouse and kids?

Joe and I already decided to buy ourselves a Wii this year as our gift to ourselves!


3. How do you celebrate Christmas Eve?

We go to Christmas Eve service at my parents' church with my sister-in-law's family too. Then we go back to one of the two houses (this year it's my parents' house) and have desserts with my brother's in-laws and just talk and eat!


4. What Christmas activities are you looking forward to this year?
Just seeing all of my family for the first time since Easter and playing games and of course, eating all the good food!

5. What is your typical Christmas Day dinner?

It changes from year to year depending on my mom's moods... I don't know what we'll have this year.

6. What is your typical Christmas Eve meal?
Joe and I are pretty good with late night Waffle House. Yum! :)


7. Is your Santa Claus wrapped or unwrapped?
Santa changed his ways at some point during my life. They never used to be wrapped and now they are all wrapped. Each person has their own special wrapping paper too and we each open a present one at a time while everyone else watches.


8. How do you decorate for Christmas?
This is my first year decorating, so I'm pretty excited about it. Here's my tree:


9. Fake tree or live tree?
This year it was real, but I swear I'm getting a pre-lit fake one as soon as the season is over. No more stringing lights for me!!!

10. White lights or colored lights?
white

11. Favorite Christmas song?
I'm pretty traditional. I love O Holy Night.

12. Favorite Christmas memory?

When Robert and I were kids we were never allowed to go downstairs without my parents on Christmas morning and so we would just sit together at the top of the stairs and wait for them to tell us it was ok

13. Do you love Christmas or just pretend to?

Oh I love Christmas. I love decorating and all of the family time together. And I'm a big fan of giving gifts!

14. Egg nog or hot chocolate?

I've only had egg nog once in my life and it was pretty good, but I'm still a hot chocolate fan.

15. Colored lights or white?
white (didn't we already answer this?)

16. What kind of cookies do you leave Santa?

Oh gosh, it's been so long I can't remember. I think it was sugar cookies though.

17. Favorite Christmas gift of all time?

Honestly? I don't think I have one favorite, but one that stands out in my mind was the My Little Pony castle I got. It rocked.

18. What tops your tree?

A big blue and silver bow. See picture above...

19. Favorite Christmas movie?

It's a Wonderful Life

20. Favorite ornament?

It definitely has to be the "pregnant" angel ornament. My mom and I made our own ornaments one year when I was a kid and this angel came out looking pregnant. It's awesome.

21. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

No, we're Christmas Day purists. No one opens any gifts until we're all together around the tree.

22. Worst Christmas gift ever received?

I really can't think of one in particular, but probably a sweater that a grandma gave me at some point.

23. Are you still buying presents on Christmas Eve?

Nope, everything is wrapped and under the tree!

24. Most annoying thing about the Christmas season?

having to deal with the people who forget about what Christmas is all about and have to turn it into something bad.

25. Favorite thing about the Christmas season?

spending time with my family that I love.

No comments: