Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's Been Too Long...

Ok, so I started out this year with big intentions and lots of high aspirations for myself! A lot of them didn't end up happening. :) But isn't that the way it always is? So I end up coming to my blog daily but it's usually just to look at my other friends' blogs and never write on mine. I notice the last entry was in March. March??? What the heck! Where did this year go? To be honest, I have no idea. Too many things have seemed to slip away too quickly.

Well first off... since we're almost at the end of the year, let's take a look back at what my New Year's Resolutions were:

  1. Eat healthier
  2. Exercise more... okay, at all
  3. Budget my finances better
  4. Find a new church and attend regularly
  5. Do a better job of keeping in touch with my friends and loved ones other than through Facebook!
Ok, so not too bad. I have been eating healthier and exercising a lot! In fact, I've lost 30 pounds so far! That's pretty darn good! Budget finances? Not so much. I mean, granted I haven't gotten myself into any sort of huge debt, but I haven't exactly racked up the savings either. We'll have to roll that forward into next year. :) I did find a new church and was attending regularly, for a while. But then life got in the way and once you're out of a habit it's almost ridiculously hard to get back into it, but that's going to change. Starting this Sunday, it's back to church! As far as number 5? I think Facebook is about the only way I keep in touch with anybody these days, which is ridiculous really. What ever happened just to calling someone up and talking on the phone? I never do that. Or even hand writing a letter? I think I'm going to start doing that and see how surprised people are to get a letter in the mail!

I think this is always such a crazy time of year with holiday shopping and plans with family, but I hope to not let it get me too crazed and I'm trying my best to keep it from getting hectic. Heck! I'm almost completely done with my Christmas shopping and we're only 2 days in to the month! That's awesome for me!

Well, I promise to work harder on writing at least every week. Finding something worth saying. I can barely remember what I did last week, much less a year ago - so I'd love to have something to remind me in 5 or 10 years of what I was thinking at this time in my life.

So here's to finishing up this year with a bang and hopefully starting off 2010 in a good way!

No comments: